Well, sure you do! Below I have listed a few of my personalities (A.K.A quirks) that come to mind. Some of them you may know, but I guarantee you will learn something new (and startling) about me. For instance, did you know:
1) Crud freaks me out. No, really. The space underneath car seats is my worst nightmare. If you don't know what a space underneath a car seat looks like, let me fill you in. Think of half-chewed graham cracker goo mixed with unidentifiable crumbs and week-old McDonald fries, and also a licked-on Dum-Dum. (Gag!)
2) I do not wear pajamas. In fact, I do not even bother to change my clothes at bedtime. I generally just tumble into bed, whether I am wearing work clothes, church clothes, or anything in-between. When one bed sheet deteriorates, I put a new one on. (Okay, I know, that is really gross, and maybe I am exaggerating just a bit)
3) However nonchalant I am about PJs, though, I cannot fall asleep if I am wearing socks. In fact, my feet must be uncovered for me to fall asleep. I am the hotel maid's worse nightmare, for when she comes to fold the bed I sleep in, she will find all my bedding--comforter, blanket, and sheet-- untucked to give my feet their freedom.
4) I hold my pencil wrong
5) And my fork
6) You will never see me sit in a restaurant booth closest to the wall, for I am somewhat claustrophobic.
7) I have a bad sense of smell but consider it a blessing. I have (true story) walked up to a dead skunk and not even smelled it.
8) I am that guy who will ask that out of the blue question like: "Don't you think it's weird that millions of people crawl onto little soft pallets and wait for unconsciousness to take them when it gets dark?"
9) I am traumatized at the mention of cottage cheese. I have troublesome memories of when my mom forced me to eat the slop . . . and I up-chucked it all into my drinking cup. (Yeah, you really wanted to know that!)
10) Don't you think it's weird that we speed along at 70 mphs in these little metal and glass bubbles and think it's normal? Sorry, out of the blue question. Moving on.
11) I am very tall. I chart in at 6'5.5". My goal is to reach 6'6".
12) My worst favorite sound is not a finger nail against a chalk board, but when someone scratches the thin carpeting on a car ceiling.
13) One of my favorite things to do includes going to visit Lydia, Richie, and Mr. and Mrs. Tevis Sr. all in one evening, for by the end of the visit I will usually have had two delicious dinners, a couple of deserts, and won about $0.35 in loose change playing poker with Mr. Tevis Sr. Now that is a fantastic way to spend an evening, friends.
14) My family will tell you a story of when I drank a young mom's latte while she was riding a carousel with her child on a San Francisco boardwalk. I will deny it.
15) There was also that time I made a hotdog at a self-serve gas station and didn't have any money to pay for it. I will deny that, too.
16) Give me any kind of a writing assignment and I will hug you like I just won a million bucks.
17) I find opportunities to tell my shorter wombmates (I am a quadruplet, by the way) how much height I stole from them somewhere along the developing process.
18) I put ketchup on my steak . . . and most everything else.
19) I am extremely competitive, though I am trying to become a little less intense in that regards. I will be offended if you beat me at Ping-Pong.
20) I have a tendency to burst out laughing suddenly for no apparent reason. Don't mind me. I am probably planning a blog post just like this one.
I could go on, but I am pretty sure you have heard all you want to know. ;0)
P.S. So now that I have shared with you my innermost secrets, blog followers, who is bold enough to share some of their quirks below?