Monday, May 27, 2013

Last day in Washington, D.C., and Williamsburg, VA!

(I meant to post this earlier in the day, but . . . technical difficulties. Need I saw more? I am so ready to blog from home again, where the process is smooth and enjoyable!)

Hello! The last few days over the Memorial Weekend have been nice. Saturday we hung out at our campground for about half a day, but the love of adventure compelled us to seek out some more sights in Washington, D.C. We saw the Lincoln Memorial, the Korean, WW2, and Vietnam war memorials, and Arlington Cemetery. My favorite place of the day was Arlington Cemetery. We arrived at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier just as there was the changing of the guards, which was awesome!


I grew a little since the start of the trip . . . .


Yesterday we arrived at Williamsburg, VA. I enjoyed the day very much. My favorite thing yesterday was a question and answer time with Benedict Arnold. He tried his hardest to defend his treachery; the man who impersonated him did an outstanding job! It could have easily been the turncoat himself!


We also saw the notorious Bowes Brothers in the stocks




\
Some locals


I thought for sure this guy was Benjamin Franklin!


My favorite patriot


Drive the redcoats back!
(No, I do not have a head wound. I am pretending to cover my ear.)


I found these shirts in a little shop. Pretty cool, huh?

 We will be in Williamsburg all of today as well!

1 comment:

  1. I just love those impersonators of historical people - we saw (a very realistic) Martha Washington. :-)

    ReplyDelete