Friday, June 7, 2013

Timmy Bowes collects 6 RBIs as Mossyrock out-slugs Adna in season finale

It's good to be back. Mossyrock star Timmy Bowes returned from a three-week vacation in time to play in the final two games of the season for the Mossyrock Viks. If there was any rust in his swing from his long time away, it didn't show. In the first game, T-Bow hit a line-shot homer all the way to the fence against Winlock. This tape-measure shot could not jump start the Viks, though, as Winlock cruised to a 23-9 win. This put a damper on the star's return, but Mossyrock came ready for battle against Adna in the last game of the season.

   Adna and Mossyrock traded runs in almost every inning on Friday, but thanks to Mossyrock's persistent hitting attack, they outlasted the Adna Pirates 12-9. Knocking in half of the Viks' runs was Timmy Bowes, who went three for three. The star started out his stellar day with a two-run triple over the right fielder's head, then knocked an RBI single back up the middle in his second at bat. His best hit came in the fifth, though, as he hammered a two strike pitch far over the left fielder's head for a three-run homer. The homer would turn out to be the deciding factor in the victory, as Adna scored one more run in the sixth and final inning before the viks slammed the door behind several nice defensive plays to win 12-9.

All in all, it was an exciting season of Mossyrock Viking baseball. With T-Bow returning to the rookie league team next year and playing for a full season, there is much to look forward to next season. Go Viks!
-----
Hi Y'all! I am enjoying being back so much! Being gone for three weeks really makes me realize how much I love my life here in good ole Mossyrock. I got back from my job at the Mayfield Lake Youth Camp today just in time to take a three-minute shower and head out to watch my little bro play his last ball game. It is a little sad that Timmy only got to play in three games this year, but he enjoyed every second of them!
 
I worked 32 hours at the Mayfield Lake Youth Camp this week, a record so far. I am really enjoying that job. Among other things in my almost crazily hectic life, I will be shopping for my first car tomorrow, starting a lawn-mowing business (my job at the camp is going to slow down in the summer), and trying to sell published copies of my book (published this summer!). I don't know how my crazy life will affect the amount of posts on this blog, but of course I will make sure to keep you all updated! Long live the days of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment